Monday, July 19, 2010

Art: LeRoy Nieman Playboy Suite

My parents sent us to check out the Centaur Gallery in the Fashion Show Mall in Las Vegas on our trip their in January 2010. I don't think they ever intended for their daughter to become obsessed with anything in there, or actually end up purchasing something, but they really should have known better.





http://www.centaurgalleries.com/





So what did I purchase? The Playboy Bunny Suite of serigraphs by LeRoy Neiman who famously drew for Playboy magazine over a number of years.
















I don't really know why I'm so obsessed with these prints. I hate the colour pink (predominant in the first picture) and I count myself as a feminist (which people could debate that having playboy bunnies on your wall removes you from the sisterhood), but there's just something eye catching about them, they just make me feel like some part of bygone history.





If you want to find out more about LeRoy Neiman check out the artist bio on the following link: http://www.centaurgalleries.com/Artists/Artist.cfm?ArtistID=00126, where you can also check out a number of his other works including sports stars of the past and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment