Monday, July 12, 2010

Etsy: Vintage fabric handbags




I don't recall how I stumbled across Madebyhank and her gorgeous vintage fabric handbags, it was an occasion when her store actually had bags available and I'm still kicking myself for not picking a few up for myself, sis and my BF at the time, but talk about god given talent (if you believe in such things!).









Hank (or Katie) is purely self taught, and only started using a sewing machine 5 years ago! She creates these beautiful handmade pieces, so each are individual and one of a kind from a variety of materials and a variety of styles. My favourite are anything with the ruffles, whether its these shoulder bags (above) or the clutch style (below). The hard part is being online when the right colour and/or style is available! I'm starting to think that I should just grab the next ruffle item i see and decide where it goes from there!

Hank not only has her etsy site, but also has her own blog, in which she gives previews of upcoming releases as well as the release dates (on occasions!).




So if you manage to grab one of these babies let me know your secret so I can follow suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment