Saturday, November 13, 2010

Books and their covers



I have a passion for books and reading and own an ever growing library at home. I’m that shallow that I often judge a book by it’s cover. That is I will choose a book in the library or in the bargain bin purely on what’s on the cover. Needless to say this isn’t always the best way to choose a book, but it has paid off on occasions. So what are some of those “pretty” books?


Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner (book review 3/5)


Typical chick lit, nothing more, nothing less

On Beauty by Zadie Smith (book review 3/5)


One of the 1001 books you must read before you die, kept me entertained but wasn’t so exceptional.

Sense and Sensibility


I actually haven’t read this one, classics seem to be quite hit and miss for me, and I don’t actually like the colour pink, but this seems to be one that always catches my eye

To kill a mocking bird (book review 5/5)


Ok, so it wasn’t the book cover that made me want to read this, but it is a great anniversary cover for an exceptional book. I also highly recommend the movie.

Olive's Ocean by Kevin Henkes (book review 2/5)



So occasionally you can judge a book by it's cover, but not always...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment